www.hirntumorhilfe.de
Herzlich willkommen im Forum der Deutschen Hirntumorhilfe!

Thema: glioblastom

glioblastom
Can Kesgin
20.05.2002 12:55:33
First of all I am sorry for couldn´t write german.Unfortunately I don´t know anything about with german,also I can know a little English,too..First of all I would like to shortly introduce my self..I come from Turkey,live in Istanbul..A week ago my aunt(father´s sister) has come in Istanbul who live in Amasya which is in the middle carabbian region)..She complains about his brain..As soon as she was coming,she got operated on his brain..Now she is at home and today she is going to start beam threaphy...We worry about her situation.The doctors do not say anything about her situation(Of course thet said something but not clear)..so last day I´ve read her health report..I didn´t understand antything it but I saw a note which was underlined.Glioblastom???.....I would like to learn what does it mean?..If someone know,please explain it to me....
Thank you very much for your helpness.....
Can Kesgin
Monika[a]
21.05.2002 11:58:05
Hello Can,

I´m sure lot of people here will answer you. I had to make the same experience with my mother. We´ve learned that she has a glioblastom and all information I get about this was reading this page. Glio is one of worst kinds of brain tumor, but there are still some people who have luck and gain the fight. My mom just terminated her therapy and she is doing very well. Doctors are also very content with her condition. I don´t know what´s the next step in the case of your aunt. I just can tell you one: support your aunt in any case, don´t treat you like she´s ill and has to day, give her your love and do like she wouldn´t have a cancer. My mom for example doesn´t eat any candies no more, she also doesn´t eat any meat (maybe once a week, but not that much). She try to eat lot of rice, vegetable and fruits. It´s very important for her blood. So I don´t think you will have any problems to get fresh food. Your aunt should take walks as long as she can but please avoid the sun. I don´t know what else I could tell you. There are so many things, but should you require an advise or just more information, don´t hesitate to write. Wish you good luck and many happy moments with your aunt.
Monika[a]
Can Kesgin
24.05.2002 16:06:49
Dear Monika,I would like to thank you for your advise.I try to carrying out..After I had written in this forum,I have made more research and eventually I´ve found really good site which you can found a lot of information about tumor..and also I´d like to give some information about my aunt´s cure times..A the begining of the this weekend she has started to begin beam cure(or light cure..)..On Monday she stayed aprx. one hour..for cure,tuesday she didn´t go..wednesday and thursday she stayed 10 min and 5 min..Doctors haven´t said anything about her cases yet..But each day I see She is getting better than other days...
Can Kesgin
Monika[a]
27.05.2002 10:28:15
I´m very glad to hear that your aunt feels good. How long does she have to go to beam cure? My mom went 37 times, every day besides holidays and weekends. At the beginnig she felt also very well. Two or three weeks later her hair began to fall out, but that´s normal. The only problem she had was her skin, but now feels sooo good. We are originally from Croatia and now she is spending some time there, just to have feeling that her life is getting normal. I heard that some people are getting depressiv and very tired after this therapy. So should your aunt have some of this indications, don´t be afraid. It´s because of the cure. How old is your aunt? I wish you and your family all the best.
Monika[a]