www.hirntumorhilfe.de
Herzlich willkommen im Forum der Deutschen Hirntumorhilfe!

Thema: HELP US

marie.zg
27.08.2015 15:31:45
Honored,

my name is Mary and you write you in name of my brother who has been is this year in April diagnosed craniopharyngeoma. He is in age of 25.
My brother is operated in Zagreb in May. That was radical surgery, doctor did removed just one part of tumor.
However, the last MRI showed (12.08.2015) - that tumor has grown up to almost 2cm (now tumor is 4 x 2,8 x 2,7cm) and we are in the care of where to go for help because hier in the Croatia doctors propose palliative measures and do not amount to guidelines for further treatment.

We are looking for some opinion in Germany. Can you help us in the way that you suggest a couple of clinics which I can write to for help and opinion?

Thank you very much for this support group, and for your answer.

I thank you for your attention..
marie.zg
Prof. Mursch
27.08.2015 17:17:43
I think that craniophyryngeomas can be treated in most of the German University hospitals and also in other hospitals (like ours).
You should send CD images and documents in German or English (if available).

Normally, you will receive an answer.
However, for treatment, the costs should be covered by an insurance or by someone else. Therapy will not be for free in Germany.

Prof. Dr. med. Kay Mursch
Neurochirurg
Zentralklinik Bad Berka
Prof. Mursch
marie.zg
28.08.2015 20:38:31
Thank you prof Mursch.

We are in waiting for medical council (radiologist,neurosurgeon and endokrinologist) which will be held in Tuesday, and if they don't have any idea what to do.. (in therapic means) we will send all document in De.
I don't know what to say.
In 3 mounth tumor did grown sow much!!! -Now is 4×2.7×2.8cm... the solid part of tumor didn't grow,just cistic part.. and they are not sure is that cist liqours cists or tumors cists..
What with gamma knife? -They did not propose to us gamma. Maybe because of size of tumor? - I did read that condition for gamma is tumor till 3cm and smaller.
marie.zg
Prof. Mursch
29.08.2015 12:39:02
Without images, no one can give good advice in the Internet.
A cyst can normally be drained by some surgical procedures.

Prof. Dr. med. Kay Mursch
Neurochirurg
Zentralklinik Bad Berka
Prof. Mursch